Biomedical Informatics PhD & MS
MS in Biomedical Informatics (Non-Thesis)
The non-thesis option of the Master of Science degree was designed for working professionals in mind who want to face the new healthcare challenges related to biomedical informatics and health information technology.
A Master of Science in biomedical informatics answers this demand, training students in applied technical skills and management of
- Clinicians and
- Graduates in information technology and data science
Program of Study
We offer three tracks and specialized practicums adapted to market demands. Credit hours are dependent on the track with a required minimum of 30 credits of coursework to include core courses, practicums, and respective track courses:
*Note that the NTMS is not a research-oriented program. If you are strongly interested in a research career, our
For information regarding tuition costs, please go to the following link:
For financial aid information, please go here: https://financialaid.utah.edu
Top 3 Reasons to Get a Master’s Degree in Biomedical Informatics
- Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly changing field. A master’s in Biomedical Informatics let you leverage data to make better decisions. You'll learn tools to analyze and manage information – and in the process improve personalized and team-based care.
- Sharpen your skill set. Combine powerful analytical skills with an understanding of how information is exchanged in clinical contexts. You can bring a specialized yet adaptive skill set to employers.
- Make a career change. Are you looking to make a career change? A master’s in biomedical informatics teaches you new skills critical to health care transformation. You’ll be attractive to employers grappling with the age of data. You can also build partnerships with health care delivery systems and industry to jumpstart your new career in health care.
Why Biomedical Informatics at the University of Utah?
- We are one of the most prestigious informatics programs in the world. We were the first biomedical informatics department in the U.S., and our faculty
offera broad range and depth of knowledge and experience.
- Learn from industry leaders. Industry leaders shape our curriculum, participate in our practicums, and mentor our students. We teach our graduates relevant skills for tomorrow’s health informatics field. Learn more about our Industry Advisory Board.
- Diverse job opportunities post-graduation. Alumni have made real-world contributions in fields ranging from clinical medicine to private industry. Our alumni also fill key positions in academia, public health, and government.
- Join a diverse, rapidly expanding alumni network. We have the largest informatics alumni network with over 375 graduates from around the globe who are improving health care delivery and moving health forward.
Open Houses/Information Sessions/Events - Learn More
Get to know us better by meeting our faculty or students and attending an upcoming open house, or an event.
Please email Robert Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Join Our Email List
Join our email list to learn about upcoming biomedical informatics events or set up a phone call or visit.