What you will need to do to apply:
- The student should contact the program leadership to identify a dermatology faculty mentor and a potential research project between January and March 2023.
- The student will need to meet with the identified faculty mentor to develop the project plan and complete the application.
- Complete the Application with help from the identified faculty mentor. The due date for the 2023 DermSRP Application is April 15, 2023.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae
- Curriculum Vitae
- A concise one-page personal statement that expresses reasons for applying for the Summer Medical Student Research Program Fellowship
- A statement of support from a faculty mentor
To apply, send required documentation to Justin Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Considerations for your Research Application
The application includes a description of the following:
Part 1 (~300 words)
- Project objective/aim
- What you hope to accomplish during your 8-week fellowship (timeline helpful)
- What research skills you hope to gain during your fellowship
- If the research is not expected to be completed by the end of summer, please provide plans (if any) regarding the project (e.g., who will complete the work? Will you submit an abstract? Will you be writing the manuscript? Do you have an anticipated deadline for submissions of abstracts or manuscripts?).
Part 2 (~150 words)
- Briefly describe the mentoring plan. Mentor and mentee should pre-determine a schedule of meetings (e.g., weekly one-hour meetings), mentee/mentor expectations (e.g., who will provide statistical support?).