Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) Fellowship
The University of Utah offers a two-year, fully funded, advanced fellowship position in Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) with ACGME accreditation. Located in beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah, we have an extensive program that collaborates with our local institutions and works closely with our multidisciplinary teams. Our center is a Comprehensive Care Center accredited through the ACHA with over 2000 outpatient clinic visits per year.
Candidates for our program may have a background in internal medicine, pediatrics, or combined residency training in internal medicine-pediatrics. Candidates must have, or will be, completing an ACGME accredited Adult Cardiology or Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship program. After successful completion of the ACHD fellowship training, you will be board eligible for the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Certification Examination.
While the focus of our training program includes a diverse clinical experience, clinical excellence, extensive educational opportunities, and original research, we also emphasize the importance of the work-life balance. Utah provides ample opportunities to enjoy the arts, entertainment, and, of course, the outdoors. All right at our doorsteps. With a very reasonable cost of living and competitive stipend, Salt Lake City is a great place to train and to live.
The adult congenital heart disease team consists of 4 full-time, board certified, adult congenital cardiologists and 2 APCs. We have an extensive multidisciplinary team that involves our pediatric and adult cardiology programs, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac imaging, heart failure/transplant, pulmonary hypertension, cardiac intensive care, CT surgery, cardiac anesthesia, OBGYN/MFM, genetic counselors, primary care providers, and many others.
- University of Utah Hospital (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Intermountain Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Primary Children's Hospital (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Eccles Primary Children’s Outpatient Services (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Primary Children's Riverton Outpatient Services - Clinic (Riverton, UT)
- Primary Children's Layton Outpatient Services - Clinic (Layton, UT)
- University of Utah South Jordan Outpatient Services – Clinic (South Jordan, UT)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center ACHD Services - Clinic (St. George, UT)
- Pocatello Outpatient ACHD Services - Clinic (Pocatello, ID)
- Idaho Falls Outpatient ACHD Services - Clinic (Idaho Falls, ID)
- Saint Alphonsus Outpatient ACHD Services - Clinic (Boise, ID)