From the Desk of Trista Long
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in our staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
July's featured staff member is Trista Long, an Executive Assistant in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? I am an urban farmer and have a lot of chickens!
- What is your favorite motto/quote? In a world where you can be anything, most of all be kind.
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? The benefits by far – tuition benefit, government holidays, great healthcare coverage, etc.
- What is your favorite book? Oh there are so many! My top three favorites are The Horse Goddess by Morgan Llewelyn, The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, & The Thornbirds by Colleen McCullough.
- Do you have any pets? Yes, I have a few! 3 dogs, 5 cats (all rescues), 1 rabbit, 5 ducks, 3 goldfish and a whole lotta chickens!
- What was your first job? Designer at a floral shop
- What’s a typical day at work like? Wrangling cats!
- What book are you reading right now? Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- What’s your superpower at work and at home? Knowing where everyone left their stuff