- The University of Utah addiction fellowships follow the NRMP Match schedule for Medicine and Pediatric Specialties: https://www.nrmp.org/fellowship/medicine-and-pediatric-specialties-match/. Deadlines, procedures and Match Day are defined by NRMP.
- Before entering the addiction psychiatry (ADP) fellowship program, applicants must have completed 4 years of ACGME-approved training in psychiatry and be board-eligible or board-certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- All applicants must have or be eligible to obtain a Utah medical license, Utah controlled substance license, and a DEA number. See https://dopl.utah.gov/physician-and-surgeon/ for more information about qualifications for Utah medical licensure.
- All applicants must follow the policies and procedures regarding eligibility and selection criteria for the addiction psychiatry fellowship.
- All applicants must meet University of Utah GME requirements for residency eligibility as posted online: https://medicine.utah.edu/gme/trainee-information/application
- All applicants must apply through ERAS https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-residencies-eras/applying-residencies-eras and provide all required documentation for the University of Utah Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship.
- may apply for early consideration and interview PRIOR to the year's ERAS season by providing the required documentation (contact the program manager directly for details). Internal applicants who apply after the ERAS season opens must apply through ERAS.
- must apply through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) and submit the required documents.
- Qualified applicants will be screened and invited for an in-person virtual interview with fellowship faculty after the ERAS application is complete.
- The University of Utah GME office will complete the credentialing process, including education and license verification, background checks, and a urine drug screen after trainees Match with the program.
- Fingerprinting and a criminal background check must be completed prior to working in University of Utah outpatient clinics.
Any questions should be directed to the Program Manager,
Mary McKinlay, MHA at: firstname.lastname@example.org