Biomedical Informatics Industry
There are several ways for students to gain industry experience:
- Internships. Internships are negotiated between the student and the industry partner. Internships are expected to occur during the Summer semester. Industry partners may recruit students via the Industry Partners Forum or externally.
- Industry Contracts. Industry contracts take place between a faculty member and an industry partner and may involve a student to deliver a portion of the statement of work.
- Industry Practicum Experience. Industry experience may be gained from a practicum at
an industry partner sites. A practicum may replace a journal club for course requirements. Practicums are graded as pass/fail. For more information please visit the curriculum.
We will post notices for summer internships as we are made aware of them. Please contact Cathy Bradley if you would like us to list your internship.
- Deloitte Summer Associate: Health Informatics Position
- InterSystems Summer Intern Position
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- Data Science Summer Internship @ Verisk Health
- Natural Language Processing Internship in Cancer Research are offered yearly
- 3M offers yearly summer internships, Deadline is in January.
- Biomedical statistics and informatics
- Bioinformatics/genomics/proteomics internship list for 2019 collated by Rochester Institute of Technology
- Marshfield clinic
Many of our faculty and students engage in industrial projects. If you would like to propose a project please contact Cathy Bradley.