MPH Online Health Equity Emphasis
The MPH Online Health Equity option is for students who prefer online learning, specifically via asynchronous courses rather than scheduled in-person courses. The MPH Online program will benefit students who work full-time in health and human services professions, such as physicians and other clinicians, evaluators, mental health professionals, therapists, health planners, community health workers, etc. It is also perfect for students who desire an advanced degree but live removed from campus or who lack consistent transportation, those with family caregiving pressures, and persons with disabilities.
In addition to the Foundational Public Health Knowledge and Foundational Competencies as required by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), students in the Health Equity emphasis will attain competencies specific to this area of concentration/performing in a global health profession:
- Analyze the barriers to health equity among all populations that experience the burden of social determinants of health.
- Demonstrate cultural humility in working with diverse cultural values and practices of populations experiencing health disparities.
- Demonstrate mastery in conveyance of evidence-based health disparities among minoritized populations.
- Identify relevant impacts of available data focused on the development of multi-level policies that seek to eliminate health disparities.
- Analyze adequacy of continuous data systems that exist to measure changes in the health of diverse communities.
- Use data to be able to advocate for needed policy changes that are community-supported.
- Establish ability to evaluate policy and determine their impact.
See the Health Equity Curriculum