Laboratory Research Projects
Dr. Sankar Swaminathan
- Studies on the mechanisms by which Epstein-Barr virus modulates host cell RNA processing.
- Studies on the mechanism of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpes virus (KSHV) gene regulation.
- Studies on the interactions between the host innate immune response and oncogenic viruses.
- Effects of interferon-induced responses on virus reactivation from latency.
- Novel antiviral drug discovery.
Dr. Kimberly Hanson
- Development of a nanotechnology-based platform for the diagnosis of invasive fungal and mycobacterial diseases.
- Evaluation of host genetic and immunologic risk-factors for the development of CMV disease after stem cell transplantation.
Dr. Daniel Leung - www.globalguthealth.org
- Cholera infection and vaccination in children
- Mucosal associated invariant T (MAIT) cells in enteric infection
- Immunology of environmental (tropical) enteropathy
- Post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome (PI-IBS) and enteropathy following long-term travel
Clinical Research Projects
Dr. Don Granger
- Arginine, nitric oxide, and severe malaria.
- Hyperphenylalaninemia in cerebral malaria.
Dr. John Kriesel
- Viral Triggers of MS.
- Genetics of Human Herpes.
- Point-of-Care STD Testing.