- All fellows discuss article in advance (at least 2 days) with Dr. Beddhu.
- Major discussed tables and figures should be on transparencies.
- Articles should have significant impact.
- Basic and clinical sciences articles are encouraged, not reviews or case reports.
- Each presentation takes about 20 minutes.
- Does not have to be elegant or formal.
- Reviews focused nephrology topic.
- M&M cases should be discussed at least 2 days in advance with Dr. Kohan.
- HIPAA regulations are followed.
- Identifying solutions, as opposed to placing fault, should be emphasized.
- Key papers in a given area discussed.
- Papers should be as recent as possible.
- Current guidelines should be based on these papers.
- Fellows discuss papers at least 2 days in advance with Dr. Beddhu.
- Some papers may be found on Fellow's Lounge Website
- HEMO study for dialysis dose
- IDNT/RENAAL for ARB in DM
- Lifton papers identifying Na transporters in hypertension
Fellows are responsible for making any switches in presentation dates.
Cancellations are not acceptable, except in emergencies or illness.