The Moran Eye Center at University of Utah has an Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology (AUPO) accredited Neuro-Ophthalmology Fellowship. We provide training to neurology or ophthalmology trained residents for one year. As a graduate of the program, you will be a graduate of an accredited program.
- You will be mentored in the development and execution of individual research or quality improvement projects.
- You can be trained in epidemiology, biostatistics, and research methods.
- You will participate in the clinical teaching of medical students and residents from four different departments during their rotations in the neuro-ophthalmology clinic.
- You will attend and present at the annual North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society.
For neurology trained candidates, we offer a full ophthalmic skills training. You will receive Neuro-Ophthalmology clinical training in complex neuro-ophthalmologic conditions. You will have access to state of the art diagnostic testing and will learn procedural skills relevant to your practice.
- Must be BC/BE neurologists or ophthalmologists, or individuals who have completed their ACGME-accredited neurology or ophthalmology residency training by the fellowship start date.
- Must be US citizen, permanent resident, or hold a J-1 clinical visa.