About Our Services
Closely working with sponsors and CRO (Clinical Research Organizations), the Utah Retinal Reading Center (UREAD) provides:
- Assistance in study design.
- Development of imaging acquisition protocols.
- Guidance, support, and certification of imaging systems and imaging technicians/photographers.
- Technical monitoring of imaging data acquisition within clinical studies including query management, quality control, and quality assurance.
- Systematic and standardized analysis (“Grading”) of imaging data and functional test data according to pre-defined standard operational procedures by highly trained readers.
- Sophisticated automated algorithms for evaluation of retinal imaging data using machine-learning approaches.
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
- Fully trained, professional readers.
- Constant Inter- and intra-reader validation.
- Double read models and arbitration procedures.
- Trained on HIPAA and human subject research regulations.
- Adherence to ICH guidelines and FDA regulations.
Imaging modalities and functional tests
- Fundus camera photography.
- Fundus autofluorescence and reflectance imaging.
- Optical coherence tomography.
- Optical coherence tomography angiography.
- Fluorescein angiography.
- Indocyanine green angiography.
- Fundus-controlled (so-called microperimetry).
- Dark adaptometry.