Thank you so much for your interest in Advanced Pediatric Cardiac Imaging! We cannot wait to help train the future leaders of our field!
Important Application Dates:
Deadline for completed application: July 15.
Invitations to interview will be sent out in early August.
Decision will be sent out by early October.
Prerequisites for Fellowship:
To be considered, the applicant must have completed an accredited three-year pediatric residency and completed three years of a Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship. Fellowship applicants must be board certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) or must be eligible to sit for the ABP general pediatric examination during the first year of fellowship training. The applicant must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or hold a J-1 visa. No other visas are accepted.
Application Requirement Checklist
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement (please limit to 1 page)
- Recent Photograph
- Copies of USMLE scores
- Copies of Cardiology In-training Examination scores
- ECFMG (if applicable)
- At least 2 Letters of Recommendation
- One letter from your current fellowship Program Director or Department Chair
- Each letter should be accompanied by an Evaluation Form (completed by same faculty member who writes your LOR)
International Medical Graduates must meet the following requirements in addition to the above:
- Copy of green card, visa (J-1 only) or documentation of U.S. citizenship. The University of Utah GME Office requires that International Medical Graduates hold a J-1 visa before the MATCH deadline. Advanced Pediatric Cardiac Imaging is not allowed to rank a foreign medical graduate unless they hold a J-1 visa. If you have questions about this requirement, please contact our Graduate Medical Education Office at 801-581-2401.
- Valid ECFMG certificate with Clinical Skills Assessment certification.
- Evidence of a minimum of 6 months of some type of clinical experience in the United States in an academic affiliated hospital as evidenced by two letters of recommendation from physicians with some type of academic affiliation with whom they have worked.
Applications can be submitted to the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.