UNDERGRADUATE PRE-MEDICAL STUDENT
DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- UU COE Application
- HIPAA Certificate
- PCH Inquiry Form
- PCH Student Observer Application
- Upload your vaccine record, including:
- COVID vaccine
- Updated Flu vaccine
- Two Step TB Skin Testing (TST), completed within 6 and 3 months prior to desired shadowing start date OR a TB blood test with a negative result
- Cleared Background Check and Drug Screen
- The cost of both tests comes to $100
- If you're a University of Utah SOM or Primary Children's/Intermountain employee, do not purchase, and please let us know
- When purchased, please include this detail in your application submission email
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Limited to a maximum of 12 hours of shadowing.
- Must be within 24 months of applying to medical school.
- Student observers are not permitted to participate in any form of patient care.
- Student observers are not permitted access to Electronic Medical Records.
- Before the student observer is allowed to be present in the clinic room with the patient, the patient or parent must give permission to the provider or clinic staff.
- Student observers are never permitted to be alone with a patient.
- Faculty and staff in any patient area may, at their discretion, exclude an observer from the clinic or clinical environment at any time and for any reason.
- Observation in the PCH Emergency Department or in PCH surgical suites is not permitted.