CLINICAL OBSERVERSHIP EXPERIENCE
The University of Utah and Primary Children’s Hospital offers medical observerships, an educational opportunity to shadow experts at our hospitals, through the Pediatric Education Office. Please review all the below and contact the Pediatric Education Office if you have any questions or need additional assistance.
Medical observerships are intended for:
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older and out of high school.
- Individuals who are interested in the medical field.
- Individuals who work in healthcare and are interested in different aspects of a pediatric hospital setting and not seeking or being granted medical education credit. This includes all University of Utah medical student
Medical observerships are not intended for:
- Individuals who are under 18 years of age
- Individuals who are still in high school
Our program offers student shadowing experiences within Pediatrics and Medical Genetics; However, please be aware that not all departments are able to accept every observation request and approvals are on a case-by-case basis.
Important details about completing an observership or shadowing experience at Primary Children’s Hospital:
- Workforce member shadowing is limited to 12 hours, per student, per year
- Your completed documents and application must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to your intended shadowing start date.
Please select the appropriate Learner Type below and follow the steps to submit your application and required documents.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance please contact the Pediatric Education Office.
Pediatric Education Office