Complete the application and submit it a minimum of three months before the start date of the program.
- MRI Programs start every January and July;
- CT Programs start every January and July;
- IR is postponed until further notice
- Nuclear Medicine is offered once each a year starting in June;
- Sonography is offered once each year starting in July.
Program Application Deadlines:
- January 2022 Session for MRI and CT: October 8, 2021†
- July 2022 Session for MRI and CT: March 11, 2022†
- 2022-23 NMT Program: January 14, 2022
- IR Program: NA
- 2022-23 Sonography Program: February 25, 2022
†Due to faculty time commitments all programs must have three students admitted for the session to run. If less than three are admitted the students will be deferred until the next session.
To apply, submit the following:
- NOTE: Print out this application checklist to ensure you submit all required documents.
- Application form
- Brief biographical essay including the following:
- Your educational and work background
- How you became interested in the program of study for which you are applying
- Three structured reference forms. (Please have past instructors or employers fill out these forms, not personal friends or family members.‡)
- Official transcripts (we do accept emailed transcripts, direct from the institution. Send to: email@example.com)
- $25 non-refundable application fee. See online payment instructions below:
Online Payment Process
- Please visit our Online Payment Portal
- Select "Rad Tech Applications" from the left column
- Proceed to payment process
Send the application and documents to the following
University of Utah Health Care
Department of Radiology
Attn: Otto Casal
Radiology Tech Administrator
30 North 1900 East #1A71
Salt Lake City, UT 84132-2140
‡If you want to review the reference or turn it in with your application, do NOT sign the waiver on the back side of the form. If you want to allow the person completing the reference privacy in doing so, then please SIGN the back of the form. A confidential reference is viewed as a more reliable one.
Please do NOT send general reference letters as they will not be utilized for selection.
Students that are not accepted into the any of the programs offered by the Department of Radiology will be notified by mail and informed if they were not-accepted due to the lack of space or competition, in which case they have the following options:
Students that were not accepted due to space availability are students that were considered acceptable for admission but due to limited clinical placements could not be accommodated. They will be encouraged to apply for the next program session and will be allowed to utilize the application documents that were originally submitted.
Students that were not accepted due to the competition of applicants are students who had a less favorable application score than the other applicants. Scores are affected by GPA, reference evaluations and/or interview scores. The student will be allowed to reapply to the program of their choice 12 months after the original application date. They will be required to submit new reference evaluations, updated biography, updated transcripts, if applicable, a new application fee and current resume. The original application materials will be retained in their file for consideration.