University of Utah Paid Benefits
The following stipend schedule has been approved for the house staff year 2023–2024:
|Level of Training||Stipend|
The following trainee benefits are expected to be:
- Three weeks (15 working days) of paid annual vacation, and one week (5 working days) of paid annual personal/professional development time which must be scheduled with the approval of the Program Director. Both vacation and personal/professional development time is non‐accruing.
- Choice of health insurance plans, including hospitalization coverage – premium costs are shared between the Hospital and the trainee for health coverage for the trainee and family.
- Group dental insurance for trainee and family at a nominal charge per month.
- Group term life insurance up to the salary amount but not to exceed $25,000 at no charge. Additional life insurance may be purchased by the trainee.
- Disability insurance for specialty‐specific occupation with benefit equal to approximately 66.6% of monthly earnings up to $3,000/month (less benefits from other sources) and built‐in cost‐of‐living rider.
- Basic policy paid by Hospital. Additional individual coverage may be purchased by the trainee.
- Malpractice insurance is provided by the hospital for professional activities that are an approved part of the training program.
- Other benefits, such as reduced tuition, bookstore discount, and others as offered to all University