The Department of Pathology at the University of Utah offers postgraduate training in the following tracks:
- Combined Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology (AP/CP)
- Anatomic Pathology Only (AP-Only)
- Clinical Pathology Only (CP-Only)
- Combined Anatomic Pathology and Neuropathology (AP/NP)
- Physician-Scientist Research Pathway
The Physician-Scientist Track is intended for MD, PhD applicants aspiring to a physician-scientist career. The track is recognized by the American Board of Pathology, offers flexible training in any of our residency tracks, and includes one funded dedicated year of research in addition to the clinical training with additional years if grant funding is obtained.
The residency program is approved by the Residency Review Committee for Pathology and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The program curriculum fulfills requirements for board certification by the American Board of Pathology. All resident applicants for first year positions must apply through ERAS and the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Main Residency Match.
Welcome from the Residency Program Director
- Current Residents
- Alumni Residents
- Resident & Fellows Class Composite
- Residency and Fellowships Brochure