Genomics Summer Research for Minorities (GSRM) InternshipThe Genomics Summer Research for Minorities (GSRM) internship provides a ten-week summer research program for undergraduate students interested in genomics research, personalized medicine and biosciences. The GSRM is funded by an NIH Research Education Program (R25) and supported by the University of Utah Department of Pediatrics. The paid internship provides students with placement in world-class genomics research groups, tailored mentorship, professional development workshops and access to state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Interns have the opportunity to interact with a thriving community of scientists, physicians and mentors that recognize the need to promote diversity in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) workforce.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019 summer program.
- Application period for 2019 is now closed. Selected applicants for the 2019 GSRM Internship have been notified of their acceptance.
- GSRM 2020 dates will be released in the fall of 2019. Check back for updates.
- May 29 - August 2, 2019
Time spent performing research and attending educational, networking and career building professional activities is approximately 40 hours per week.
- Each GSRM position is considered employment. Completion of work hours and assignments are required to receive up to $5,500 for the summer.
- Housing on the University of Utah campus will be provided.
- Non-local participants will receive travel support.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a member of an underrepresented minority group (as defined by the National Institutes of Health). We particularly encourage the participation of women, individuals from underrepresented and disadvantaged minority groups, and individuals with disabilities. Applicants must have completed their sophomore year before joining our GSRM program.
Students will be selected based on eligibility, submission of complete application package and recommendation from the selection committee. All applicants will be notified by March 20, 2019 regarding acceptance.