RUUTE and Regional Affairs Travel
The RUUTE & Regional Affairs team is excited for you to complete a clinical or community experience in a rural and/or underserved community in Utah, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming. Funding for lodging and travel assistance (mileage stipends) is limited and is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Travel assistance is also dependent on the time of matriculation, geographical location, clinical experience, and funds available. We understand travel and/or lodging accommodations are important to ensuring your experience is exceptional, thus we will do our best to support your request.
Please note the below requirements and expectations prior to completing the travel application:
- Travel assistance outside of the Mountain West (Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming) will not be considered
- Travel assistance outside of a RUUTE, Idaho, and/or Regional Affairs-sponsored activity will not be considered
- Travel assistance within a 50 mile-radius starting from the SOM will not be considered
- Lodging assistance will not be considered if the travel application was submitted fewer than four (4) weeks from the start of the clinical experience
- Stipend travel assistance will only be considered if the travel application is submitted two weeks after the clinical experience has ended
- Students are highly encouraged to stay with friends/family in the respected rural/underserved location if possible
After applying, a RUUTE & Regional Affairs team will be in contact with you via email within seven business days of completing the application to further discuss your travel application. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.