We welcome applications from non-U.S Citizens as well as U.S Citizens. Non-U.S citizens must have a J-1 visa or be a permanent resident of the United States. For all international graduates, verification of Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification is required.
To be eligible for a fellowship in the Division of Endocrinology at the University of Utah School of Medicine, an applicant must:
- Be a graduate of a U.S. or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and have three years residency in an ACGME-approved program, or
- Be a graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and have three years residency in an ACGME-approved program, or
- Be a graduate of a medical school outside of the United States who meets one or more of the following qualifications:
- Has a currently valid ECFMG certificate plus at least one year training in an ACGME approved program, or
- Has a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a US licensing jurisdiction plus at least one year training in an ACGME-approved program, or
- Is a graduate of a medical school outside the United States who has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- Be eligible for American Board of Internal Medicine prior to the time they begin training
NOTE: The University of Utah School of Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status.
How To Apply:
We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and accept applications that are submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only, which opens the beginning of July every year. Deadline for completed applications is August 31st of each year. All interviews for FY22-23 will be held virtually. We require the following: Curriculum Vitae, Personal Statement, USMLE or COMLEX transcript, 3 letters of recommendation (including a letter from your program director), and Medical School transcript. Our program ID # is 1434921175.
For any further questions, please contact Program Manager, Jamie Smith.