The following stipend schedule for each level of training has been approved for the housestaff year 2023- 2024:
|Level of Training||Stipend||Job Class||Step|
We offer the following trainee benefits:
- Three weeks (15 working days) of paid annual vacation, and one week (5 working days) of paid annual personal/professional development time which must be scheduled with the approval of the Program Director. Both vacation and personal/professional development time is non-accruing.
- Choice of health insurance plans, including hospitalization coverage - premium costs are shared between the hospital and the trainee for health coverage for the trainee and family
- Group dental insurance for trainee and family at a nominal charge per month
- Group term life insurance with a benefit of $25,000 at no charge. Additional life insurance may be purchased by the trainee.
- Disability insurance for specialty-specific occupation with benefit equal to approximately 66.6% of monthly earnings up to $3,000/month (less benefits from other sources) and built-in cost-of-living rider. Basic policy paid by Hospital. Additional individual coverage may be purchased by the trainee.
- Up to eight weeks of paid medical leave to cover personal or family illnesses, including the birth or adoption of a child
- Malpractice insurance is provided by the hospital for professional activities that are an approved part of the training program
- Free public transportation when needed available to employees
- Other benefits are included, such as reduced tuition, bookstore discount, and others offered to all University employees.