Our mission is to promote the well-being of children through clinical service, education, research, program development, and advocacy.
Our goals are:
- To provide the highest quality comprehensive pediatric care for patients, with particular attention to children with complex and chronic conditions, children with special health care needs, and children who lack optimal access to health care;
- To educate and train current and future providers of children's health care in the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to offer excellent general pediatric care to their patients and to improve the health of children in their communities;
- Through research, to develop knowledge and understanding of the health and related problems encountered by children, of the services received by them, and of the systems involved in delivering those services;
- To develop and support programs, in collaboration with other individuals, organizations, and agencies, to translate research findings into practice and to advance children's health in the communities we serve; and
- To support and participate - through advocacy and action - in efforts to improve the well-being of children.