The following trainee stipend schedule has been approved for the academic year 2024-2025
|Training Level||Stipend Amount||Job Class||Step|
The following trainee benefits are expected to be:
- Three weeks (15 working days) of paid annual vacation, and one week (5 working days) of paid annual personal/professional development time which must be scheduled with the approval of the Program Director. Both vacation and personal/professional development time is non-accruing.
- Choice of health insurance plans, including hospitalization coverage – premium costs are shared between the Hospital and the trainee for health coverage for the trainee and family.
- Group dental insurance for trainee and family at a nominal charge per month.
- Group term life insurance up to the salary amount but not to exceed $25,000 at no charge. Additional life insurance may be purchased by the trainee.
- Disability insurance for specialty-specific occupation with benefit equal to approximately 66.6% of monthly earnings up to $3,000/month (less benefits from other sources) and built-in cost-of-living rider. Basic policy paid by Hospital. Additional individual coverage may be purchased by the trainee.
- Beginning July 1, 2024, automatic enrollment in a 401(a) defined contribution retirement plan with immediate vesting funded by the University and Affiliated Hospitals. The contribution for FY25 is 1%, FY26 is 2%, and FY27 is 3%. Future contributions will be determined by October 1, 2026.
- Malpractice insurance is provided by the hospital for professional activities that are an approved part of the training program.
- Other benefits, such as reduced tuition, bookstore discount, and others as offered to all University employees.