GIVE RISE TO A GREATER FUTURE
We're committed to you: your journey, goals, values, and knowledge. Our mission-driven MD program centers around relationships, community, and professionalism. Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine students graduate with real-world clinical skills, top-rate research education, strong professional identities, and experiences serving diverse populations in Utah and beyond.
The Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine at the University of Utah serves all people and communities of Utah and the Mountain West by intentionally supporting and improving individual and community health outcomes and quality of life. This is achieved through excellence in equitable patient care, education, and research by:
- Purposefully educating physicians, scientists, and health care professionals to ensure compassionate, equitable, patient-centered care to all, prioritizing communities of greatest need.
- Serving rural and underserved communities by prioritizing and acting to address social determinants of health to eliminate structures and practices that lead to health disparities among all people.
- Engaging in scholarly research to advance knowledge, innovation, well-being, and health equity for all people.
- Fostering a culture of belonging, anti-racism, and anti-discrimination through strategic recruitment, retention, and recognition of efforts among students, trainees, staff, faculty, and community partners.
To create an exceptional learning experience for our students to promote their development into competent and caring professionals. To achieve our vision of exceptional learning, we value:
- Relationships built on trust and mutual respect
- Talents and ability of each member of the learning community to contribute according to their talents
- Responsibility of each member of the community to one another
- Accountability towards professional standards, attitudes, and behavior
- Respect for diversity of perspectives and the inclusive spirit of teamwork
The “One U” vision of the University of Utah is to work together to solve big problems in society and to optimize our campus resources to create an exceptional educational experience for our learners.