Individuals interested in applying to the UUSOM are encouraged to evaluate whether a career as a medical doctor is right for them, and to consider if their qualifications, personal characteristics, and goals align with the institutional mission and vision of the University of Utah School of Medicine.
Prospective applicants will also want to review our admissions requirements to get an idea of what is expected of their application, as well as explore potential involvement opportunities and resources provided by their current or former undergraduate institution(s).
In addition to participating in a variety of activities and meeting certain academic requirements, applicants are encouraged to gain an understanding of the experiences and working lives of physicians and the road ahead of them as medical students in order to submit their strongest application.
Learn more about the SFESOM MD Program with our digital information packet >>
Premedical resources from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC):
- Choosing a Medical Career
- Preparing for Medical School
- Taking the MCAT Exam
- AAMC PREview Professional Readiness Exam
- AAMC Fee Assistance Program
Additional premedical & undergraduate resources:
- UUSOM MD Program Application Requirements
- MD Program Admissions Timeline
- MD Program overview
- List of Premedical Advisors by institution (UT, ID, MT, WY)
- University of Utah Undergraduate Pathway Programs
Non-MD program resources: