Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our Internal Medicine Residency Program is committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. As a residency program, we recognize the importance of addressing racism and bias at a systemic level. We believe we must actively work to deliver equitable healthcare and address injustice. Below are a few examples of what we are doing as a program to engage:
• Monthly noon conference curriculum focused on DEI topics including case-based learning and community guest speakers.
• Safe Zone and Implicit Bias Training
• Holistic recruitment of residents from diverse backgrounds, including underrepresented groups
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion- University of Utah
Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion | School of Medicine | University of Utah Health
Community Service & Advocacy
Our program believes it is vital to support our community and patients through service and advocacy.
• Midvale Community Clinic: residents volunteer as preceptors for the student-led clinic on Internal Medicine, Medicine-Pediatrics, and Gynecology clinic nights.
• Community Medicine Rotation: a two week rotation where residents work at safety-net community clinics in our area including Fourth Street Clinic, People’s Health Clinic and Meliheh Free Clinic.
• Resident volunteer nights at Geraldine E. King Women’s Center making dinner together.