The University of Utah rheumatology training program is dedicated to fostering excellent training in the field of rheumatology. It is especially focused to provide house staff and fellow clinical education. We accept two or three fellows per year to a two-year rotating experience in rheumatology. We are an ACGME approved program that must be applied to through ERAS. The rich training experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Care of patients in the ambulatory setting
- Care of patients and consultations for in-patients
- Development of skills in literature review
- Development of presentation and conference skills
- Scholarly projects with exposure to the fundamentals of research design
Unique Program Attributes
We have several carved out subspecialty clinics which offer intensive experiences in a specific disease spectrum. These include clinics for: Psoriatic arthritis, Systemic Sclerosis, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, and Vasculitis. We also have all fellows spend a few weeks with pediatric rheumatology, doing tele-health and Osteoporosis projects.