The following trainee stipend schedule is proposed for the academic year 2023‐2024:
|Training Level||Stipend Amount||Job Class||Step|
The following trainee benefits are expected to be
- Three weeks (15 working days) of paid annual vacation, and one week (5 working days) of paid annual personal/professional development time which must be scheduled with the approval of the Program Director. Both vacation and personal/professional development time is non‐accruing.
- Choice of health insurance plans, including hospitalization coverage – premium costs are shared between the Hospital and the trainee for health coverage for the trainee and family.
- Group dental insurance for trainee and family at a nominal charge per month.
- Group term life insurance up to the salary amount but not to exceed $25,000 at no charge. Additional life insurance may be purchased by the trainee.
- Disability insurance for specialty‐specific occupation with benefit equal to approximately 66.6% of monthly earnings up to $3,000/month (less benefits from other sources) and built‐in cost‐of‐living rider. Basic policy paid by Hospital. Additional individual coverage may be purchased by the trainee.
- Malpractice insurance is provided by the hospital for professional activities that are an approved part of the training program.
- Other benefits, such as reduced tuition, bookstore discount, and others as offered to all University employees.
Billy Thomsen, MD fellowship director, or Tiffany Passow, fellowship program coordinator, at email@example.com or 801-662-5705.
Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Primary Children's Hospital
100 North Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113