Aug 23, 2021
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in our staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
August's featured staff member is Carrie Milligan, a Research Editor from the Division of Epidemiology.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? I’m a newlywed! I found love and eloped during the pandemic.
- What is your favorite motto/quote? “It’s all small stuff”
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? Working with very smart people who are fun, kind, and creative.
- What is your favorite book? Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End
- Do you have any pets? My chocolate lab, Annie, takes after me in surprising ways (ticklish feet, food motivated, and happy to greet the day).
- Where do you work? I work for the University of Utah Division of Epidemiology, in the VA SLC IDEAS Center of Innovation
- How do you prefer to start your day? Playing ball at the park with Annie while watching the sun rise
- What was your first job? Scone girl at Andy’s Smorgasbord here in SLC
- What’s a typical day at work like? Lots of virtual meetings and lots of writing and editing.
- What’s the best part of your job? Helping scientists convey compelling information.
- What book are you reading right now? The Craving Mind.
- If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be? Sports! I would like to be an instantly excellent athlete
- What’s your superpower at work and at home? I am 99% imperturbable.
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? Dinner and word games with my husband
- If you could eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Warm chips, cold salsa, and café mocha.
- Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Reese Witherspoon. I think we have the same chin but she wears it better.