November 2019 Release Notes: Bugs, New Features/Projects, Custom Programs & Items Created. Date shown is the date completed, or the date last edited.
Bugs & Fixes
- 10/23/19 Starting Position, Diagnosis year, Master Pointer questions: Kim educated on differences & how to look at the cases involved. No error or bug, just education.
- 10/30/19 IN central reported issue not creating the correct patient pointer for the incoming new primary tumor. Code corrected to make sure patient pointer kept the correct patient pointer, program added to menu to find the cases affected.
- 10/30/19 Program created to check for patient pointers that don't belong to tumors. Added to the main menu so all can run when ever they desire: r_ckpptr.exe. Created report and a subset called ckpptr.sel to know which cases involved.
- 10/30/19 Program sent to all central partners to identify the blanking out of demographic information when "make consolidated" record: Program already created to identify the errors, it does not implement any corrections. Main menu under modifications->central office and is called CTR # /Pristine pointers alignment check. Email sent out on how to run the program and fix the problems.
- 10/31/19 Compare 2 Abstract not saving correctly: Saving Changes wiped out follow up information. Program hasn't been compiling since Sept. 27, Release version was pointing to the V16 include files Fixed include files. Corrected program, error with phone numbers & mask characters of / and –
- 11/1/19 Case Matching: Cases matched on SoundEx, added to the wrong patients. Cases not checking DOB, Sex, SSN. Multiple primary tumors were not getting the correct patient record. Corrected. Email sent to Central Registry listserv regarding the issue & solution
- 11/5/19 Update Current Address in Follow-up program: Auto-Consolidation: "Replace All Addr - Current if DLC newer"
- 11/7/19 When creating a new patient record for a case, the new record isn’t immediately inserted into the indexes. Code added to the program to put the individual index into the index files.
- 11/8/19 RMCDS Edits: Per email from MT Central, recurrence error & analystic CC used older cases. These two superfluous errors were fixed
- 11/8/19 3-Way Cross-Tab Age UNK: 3-way crosstab on a subset using 1) county 2) age at diagnosis and 3) SEER Site recode -- age columns are showing up UNKNOWN. 2-way crosstab works fine with the subset. Which age of dx option after hitting run for the program? Able to duplicate and correct report.
- 11/8/19 Copying RMCDS to another drive doesn't copy pristine folder for central registries. Workspace didn't have the STATE= in the property page. Put it in and it works now on central registries for copying the pristine folder now.
- 11/12/19 Error for XML tools: "incomplete patient record." Required naaccrNum added to XML file. Also allowed leading blanks in Medical Record Number. Inter-record edits now work.
- 11/12/19 HIGH PRIORITY VA Import Program: Created along with John Keighley from KS.
- 11/12/19 Org with 2 hospitals. Once hospital had two separate servers with the same hospital data not syncing. walked them through copying 5 cases from one system to another and making sure that system is the one they will always use now. They removed connection to the copy. Now all users go to the same place to input and change data.
- 11/12/19 Org with Rhode Island hospital that was sending cases to central office that were being rejected because of fields missing. Emailed RI central to see why, the Height Weight and 4 tobacco fields were not being sent. Reviewed PAACCR program, found those fields were only being written out for CO and NH. Changed to all sites send those fields, put in the NPCR-specific field area.
- 11/12/19 AZ reported problem with create subset not putting out MP in file if you select the Each HOS MATCH option to put in subset mp multiple times for each hospital. didn't put in master pointer of cases that matched the criteria if Each HOS MATCH option was chosen and did not select a hospital data item. Fix it to work if did not select a hospital data item in the criteria
- 11/13/19 Date tumor Record Available: Pop-up box added check when exiting a case. Some cases not included in file sent to state since Date Tumor Record Available is not populated. Date Tumor record available set to today’s date on new cases, it is updateable by the registrar, & is also set as today's date when a case is taken out of suspense.
- 11/13/19 Output Subset not writing with "Include Deleted Cases" and/or "Each Hos Match: This option is for when you have to have one criteria in the hospital record. The program was edited to write out the subset even it’s not appropriately used.
- 11/19/19 Update NAACCR Prep in NPCR/NAACCR Submission Program. Kim worked on this 11/13&14, compiled for download 11/15. 11/18 updated configuration files.
- 11/26/19 Date field blanking partially when hospital pristine made consolidated. This has been corrected.
- 12/5/19 Backup to RMCDS for central registries was not backing up the pristine folder into the zipped file. put in for hospitals to zip up the pristine folder first in the programs folder and then zips up the pristine.zip and puts in the zipped file. I have to do this because the files are the same in the mfiles1 and the pristine folder for the master files
- 12/6/19 When a subset is sorted by CTR # and SEQ # that & create a NAACCR format file from the subset, the wrong cases went into the new NAACCR file. Only multiple sequence cases in a row if the high sequence was in the master database right before a lower sequence of the same patient by master pointer & only if the state writes out custom data items that required EXTIO to be run. Corrected in EXTIO, Fix went out in software updates on the Dec 6, 2019.
- 12/10/19 MT central Listing report not asking question when doing accession number in chosen variable listing to do it for CTR number or accession number and for which hospital. Found delete variable was getting a 5 digit number it in instead of just a 0 or 1. It was because of the nptr array size was 27 when it was loading 28. Raised the size and it corrected.
- 12/10/19 Replace MS edit control with SoftMask in old radiation fields
- 11/5/19 State Edit Metafiles: Files added to ftp site, created a batch file that will zip up all the files and created a self-extracting executable to run after download. Made r_ftpupd file to download the correct file depending on what state the hospital is in, r_revisi have the option to choose to download state specific edits. After it is downloaded using r_ftpupd, copied to genedits folder and runs the self extracting file that contains the custom.err state specific gei file and the state specific SMF file. Tested the process many times.
- 11/13/19 Min/Max partial: Subset search min/max: allow UP TO the max; such as a name field 20 characters, shorter name, look at partial, strings, substrings. Any field length 15 and above you can type in a partial-text length and it will pad it with spaces for the min and max values length. Fields: addr at dx No & street, supple, city, AJCC TNM stage group Clin and Path, Post therapy TNM stage, text usual occupation, industry, place of diagnosis, primary site title Histology title, Derived EOD 2018 TNM and stage, description of tumor size, name - last first middle Alias Maiden Spouse/Parent, addr current NO & street, supple, city, Follow-up contact name, NO & Street, Supple, city, relationship 1st contact, All of these will fill in spaces on end if leave too short.
- 11/13/19 Update Current Address: Current Address: Checkbox to replace if DLC is more recent, and skip if DLC is unknown/unk/blank. Option put in the auto-consolidation program as a check box. Replaces all the all of the current address information if selected.
- 11/15/19 Add Out of State Option for Auto Follow-up: Add Special option created for Indiana State Registry, they handle out-of-state cases that use the same Hospital number for several facilities. Put the option in for Indiana only, pending testing. I will put the option in for all sites once tested & proven. IN contact is ooo till Nov 15th
- 11/25/19 DQE Audit Submission Program: DQE submission Program. Creates two NAACCR files: One for the Consolidated cases. On for all pristines associated with the consolidated cases. CO, DE, IL, and NH are participating this year. Worked on this all day on Monday. Added Progress Bar Will have CO do some testing on the program.
- 12/5/19 UNC Path
Custom Programs & Items Created, Corrected
- 10/29/19 IL Custom Programs: d_ildth7, d_ilmgeob. Update fixed problem with Custom info. Downloaded test data for ildth7. Debugged ildth7 with data sent from State.
Fix appearance of listing. Debugged d_ilmgeob and put both programs on the FTP site. Fixed issue with DC File Number in ildth7. Program reported working correctly.
- 11/5/19 Issues with DC ssdi matching program. Corrected, no further issues reported.
- 12/09/19 IL Custom Program Request: Change central sequence 00 to 01 when there is already a 02 sequence on or one coming in, 60 to a 61 when there is already on or a 62 coming in. Testing added options to not update if another sequence has the same 2 digit site or earlier diagnosis date.
- 10/31/19 DE Custom Programs: d_demtc2.exe, d_dessdi.exe, d_dendiu.exe. Fixes implemented for d_dessdi and d_demtc2. Converted d_dendiu & Finished . Put in code to translate Place of Death codes in incoming file to fips POD codes. Error in putting Place of Death wiped out State at Death. Fixed. File not found gives option to enter file again. Program is still dying after a few cases with site testing, unable to replicate.
- 11/5/19 D_NHMGE2.exe and D_NHMEGE3.exe for updating geocoding: some small fixes. Updated version to 1.1