December 2019, January & February 2020 Release Notes: Bugs, New Features/Projects, Custom Programs & Items Created. Date shown is the date completed, or the date last edited.
Bugs & Fixes
- 12/12/2019 Replace MS edit control with SoftMask in old radiation fields
- 12/19/2019 Improve appearance of SSDI help notes
- 1/6/2020 Make sure date flags are recode correctly: Checked NAACCR data dictionary to makes sure that the english we provide with each date flag agrees with what is shown in the online data dictionary. I could find no discrepancies at this time.
- 1/7/2020 System training/troubleshooting: Spoke with Joyce from an OK hospital familiarizing her with the system & update program, checking her physician & facility files, setting up her default edit checker & word processor, and troubleshooting some issues. Also worked with Joyce & Christy from OK Central to get new files including the OK abstracting screens put in her system. They will possibly be contacting us for help with a software update as well.
- 1/9/2020 Merge logic for regional nodes: a second reporting hospital’s regional nodes values were overwritten causing an error. This is done in the Update Unknown step of case importing. If Node Examined = 98 and Nodes Positive = 00 then if incoming record is not all zeros or both unknown then the Nodes Examined and Nodes Positive is replaced with what’s on the incoming record.
- 1/9/2020 When is Current Sex calculated? Please research and notify Valerie in CO as to when Current Sex is calculated in case processing. Current sex was loaded from the sex field of the case with the latest dx date in the conversion. Intent was that Current Sex would be calculated automatically. But it was never implemented
- 1/27/2020 Calculate AJCC ID when converting from NAACCR. If AJCC ID or Schema ID is blank calculate them using the CDC dll. Feel in TNM8 Version Current and Original, it done. Completed
- 1/29/2020 Calculate AJCC ID and Schema ID in Subset. Program to calculate AJCC ID and Schema ID if it is blank and case is diagnosed 2018 and later. Program creates a subset of cases were AJCC ID or Schema ID was calculated. Creates a report of all case that had errors. Took about a day and a half.
- 2/12/2020 DQE Audit Submission Program: DQE submission Program. Creates two NAACCR files. One for the Consolidate cases. On for all pristines associated with the consolidated cases. CO, DE, IL, and NH are participating this year. Email sent to participating partners for the list of hospitals they need to exclude. Completed, has been tested by multiple participants.
- 2/13/2020 Chris from AZ said that his 1 page abstract would not work on the cloud system or his c drive system. We updated his system and still did not work. Tried to duplicate and could not. Put in Message boxes in his code for him only. It dies before first case. Found out that we added multiple forms depending on the year that it made part of the program not work for pristine hospitals. Narrowed down what lines of code involved and found out it was the ccr file was messed up for AZ. Rebuilt the ccr file and it works now, but this program doesn't do anything with custom fields, so I took out the code to do custom things.
- 2/13/2020 All RMCDS computers updated to Windows 10. Cloned Mark’s machine to test compiling & copying. Installed Visual C++ old and new versions, Visual Studio 2017, WinZip licenses, extractor, VisualStudio. One RMCDS laptop installed with fresh Windows 10, compilers, security software.
- 2/24/2020 Sarma KS Newton Medical Center having problems with backup to state. reported problems with backup to state selecting all the cases that are supposed to qualify. Once we were able to update the software to Feb 24,2020. I walked here through her steps to submit the data to the state. It worked correctly and all the steps were complete. She was checking update of cases also which created a FU file. I told her to not select that option so it only does the ABS file. She submitted the file to the KS ftp site.
- 2/27/2020 Trying to get nightly compile working on the new set up machine. Set up compiler to work for this new machine. Found out winzip doesn't work with signed into other users account than it was installed on. Running test again to see if it will work or not. Testing continues. Compiles moved back to Mark 1 for the time being.
- 2/24/2020 IN central moving cases from subsystem to contain both consolidated and pristine files: step 1 Set up menu option to create the necessary arguments that will be sent to writex program to create the correct files RM*.p and PrisRM*.p files. Setting up dialog box to ask question to see if they want the pristines to stay the same as in subsystem or to take the consolidated and make it the pristine in main.
- 12/18/2019 Update capability for UNC path-installed program complete
- 1/2/2020 Show SSDI and GeoLocationId in interactive edits.
- 1/2/2020 SSDI Help notes correctly display Markdown script
- 1/7/2020 Updated website FAQs to include insurance statement and link to University of Utah Risk Management
- 2/13/2020 Wrote instructions on how to run Internal Integrity Audit program and how to identify, create NAACCR file, and unlink hospitals, and then load NAACCR file back into system. Aubrey edited & added screenshots, sent for testing. Will be attached to program as “info” button and sent out to partners.
- 2/28/2020 Add Out of State Option for Auto Follow-up: Add Special option created for Shelley at Indiana State Registry the handle out of state case that use the same Hospital number for several facilities. Put the option in for Indiana only, Shelley tested the option, says the option works for her. Made it available for everyone.
- 2/28/2020 NPCR/NAACCR backfill program: Gets fields calculated by NAACCR Prep and back loads them into the Master File. Got the progam to load fields from a named XML file. Took about 4 days. Working on the progress bar. How much work do we need the user to do extracting the NAACCR submission XML file from the ZIP archive created by NAACCR Prep? Finished program. We need to talk about instructions. Submission file is a Gzipped file within a Winzip archive. First draft of instructions updated with imaging & steps. Sent for group review. Option put in the Main Menu.
Custom Programs & Items Created
- 12/18/2019 Delaware Custom Programs: d_demtc2.exe, d_dessdi.exe, d_dendiu.exe
- 2/13/2020 Convert Montana Death Match Program
- 2/24/2020 WV Death Certificates Program
- 2/28/2020 D_NHMGE2.exe and D_NHMEGE3.exe for updating geocoding corrected
- 2/28/2020 Expansion and refinement of OK Death Certificate Program
Photo source credit, and hilarious article: https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2019/11/13/winter-is-good-you-cowards/