Home- Rural & Underserved Utah Training Experience (RUUTE)
Welcome to the Rural & Underserved Utah Training Experience (RUUTE)! We are excited that you are interested in our medical school and the unique opportunities for medical students, providers, and the Utah community.
To increase medical education opportunities in rural and underserved areas of Utah by expanding the interest and awareness of rural health, maintaining and growing quality educational experiences, and developing and enhancing community partnerships with stakeholders.
- Increase the number of providers practicing medicine in rural and underserved areas of Utah
- Create a pathway for University of Utah School of Medicine students that will lead to a Graduate Certificate in Rural & Underserved Health
- Identify, recruit, and nurture students from rural and underserved areas to matriculate and thrive at the University of Utah School of Medicine
- Assist medical educators from rural and underserved areas to enhance their teaching skills through faculty recruitment and development
- Facilitate University of Utah School of Medicine faculty in delivering high quality educational content both in-person and remotely
- Enrich the community of rural providers by connecting them to a state-of-the-art academic health system
- Build a medical education infrastructure that residency programs (also known as Graduate Medical Education [GME]) may participate in and grow into one day